Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day


 We had a wonderful Memorial Day Holiday!
It was so nice to have everyone home. We had a quiet morning. The kids crafted with play-doh and I made some granola. Later we did a little chocolate dipping. I melted some chocolate and cut bananas into pieces. We dipped the bananas into the chocolate and then into chopped nuts or marshmallows and graham crackers. Ty decided it should be a Memorial Day tradition from now on.
My parents came over in the afternoon for the official BBQ.
We grilled burgers and hot dogs. There was watermelon and root beer and a fresh batch of
 I used THIS recipe from Annie's Eats.
I added sprinkles right into the ice cream mixture during the last few minutes in the ice cream freezer. Max and I thought it was awesome!

After the BBQ the kids played some computer games and bounced on the trampoline. We ended the night with a quick FHE lesson on John the Baptist, Baptism, and following the example of our Savior Jesus Christ. Zack fell asleep during the lesson so it was pretty quiet!

Back to school tomorrow!
4 days until summer vacation.....and I can't wait!

No comments: