Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas



It is hard to believe that Christmas will be here in 2 short days! It has been a wonderful holiday season for us. It was kicked off with the arrival of our new baby girl. She has made this Christmas very special for me. I have tried very hard to make our days merry and bright. We have made and eaten Christmas goodies, crafted Christmas decorations, visited lights, listened to and sang along to an endless stream of Christmas music, and wrapped gifts. I have tried to remind my children of the true meaning of Christmas. I have talked a lot about our Savior, Jesus Christ and His birth. I have tried to teach them that it is becaus e of our Savior that we have reason to rejoice. 
I am so thankful for the Christmas holiday and the constant reminder that Jesus lives! Jesus came! 
I am looking forward to the next few days and I hope I can be a little better as I strive to remember and follow the Savior.  We are so blessed. We have been given so much and I often think about what we can give back this time of year.
I found this quote by Howard W. Hunter and I think He describes perfectly what we can give.

“This year, mend a quarrel. Seek out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Write a letter. Give a soft answer. Encourage youth. Manifest your loyalty in word and deed. Keep a promise. Forgo a grudge. Forgive an enemy. Apologize. Try to understand. Examine your demands on others. Think first of someone else. Be kind. Be gentle. Laugh a little more. Express your gratitude. Welcome a stranger. Gladden the heart of a child. Take pleasure in the beauty and wonder of the earth. Speak your love and then speak it again.”   -Howard W. Hunter

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

6L's said...

i LOVE the quote! thanks for sharing, i'm reposting it!