Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Pied Piper Creamery

The Pied Piper Creamery won the best ice cream award in Nashville. It has been on my list of places to visit for quite a while. I meant to take the kids during the hot days of summer, but somehow never made it. The creamery is in East Nashville. It is a very up and coming neighborhood. The shops and restaurants are very trendy and full of lunching businessmen. I felt a bit out of place in my yellow SUV full of children. Needless to say the ice cream was Grand! Far and away better than Maggie Moo's or Coldstone. I ordered the "some like it hot". It was chocolate with cayenne and cinnamon. So awesome and right up my alley. The ice cream was creamy and almost fudgelike :)
Max had the plain chocolate in a cake cone. The server was very nice and granted Max's request for one green gummy bear on top of his ice cream!
Mia got the "trailer trash". It was vanilla ice cream with about every candy you can think of mixed in. She dug all of the candy out of the bowl and was left with plain melted vanilla, but she was happy!
As usual Zackary found something to push and got busy. The ice cream shop is teamed up with an art gallery and studio so after our treat we took a little tour. Everyone had fun and I am glad we made the trip.

2 comments:

6L's said...

that spicy chocolate flavor sounds delish!

Traylor Family said...

I LOVE the Pied Piper!!! I've been meaning to take my kids back.