Monday, October 4, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

It's Monday!
The weekend flew by and here we are again; rushing to school, rushing to the store, paying bills, losing overdue library books....
occasionally you just have to stop and smell the chocolate :)
I tried a new fudge recipe today. I have one that I have been loyal to for years. My husband adores it, but I really think this new one is better. I feel a bit guilty. I think it may be the large quantity of butter in the recipe, but it is really awesome!
I found the recipe here at Zoe Bakes!
http://zoebakes.com/?p=2780

Chocolate Fudge:

1 pound bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped

2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped

1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into small pieces

3 cups sugar

1 12-ounce can evaporated milk

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

(I started by toasting a handful of almonds in the oven at 350 degrees)

prepare a 13 Inch x 9 Inch Baking Pan with foil or parchment. Spray the foil or parchment with a very light coat of oil. (at this point I covered the parchment with the toasted nuts)

In a large sauce pot, fitted with a Candy Thermometer, whisk together the evaporated milk and sugar.

Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the mixture reaches 234 degrees.

While the milk mixture is cooking chop up the chocolate and butter and place in a large bowl.

Pour the hot mixture over the chocolate and whisk right away. Whisk in the vanilla.

In the end it should look shiny and smooth.

Spread into the prepared pan using a Spatula…(I spread the chocolate over the nuts)

Place it uncovered in the fridge until it is well cooled and set, then cover with plastic and return to refrigerator for at least 3 hours. (so amazing!)

I am hoping that Ty likes it too, otherwise I will have to go behind his back and make this fudge when he is not looking :)

(As for the Mondays....this has been one fabulous day!)

No comments: