Thursday, August 5, 2010

Little lives and Big joy

I have been thinking a lot about my role as a mother, and about our role as parents. We have been so blessed to be given care and stewardship over precious children of our Father in Heaven. The world is full of turmoil and confusion and we cannot raise these children without help. It is going to take much prayer and faith to raise righteous youth. We need to live the best lives that we can. We need to do those simple things that we have been asked to do; daily scripture study, prayer, church attendance, temple attendance, and family home evening. These things are basic, but we need to set an example of obedience and faithfulness. Our homes can be a safe place from the world if we will invite the Lord's spirit to dwell there. We can fill our homes with love and joy if we follow the example of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am trying to be like Jesus. I want my children to want to be like Him. I want them to make good choices. I have faith that the Lord knows who I am and that He knows each of my children. He loves each of us and wants us to return to Him. I feel a great responsibility and also a great joy in being a part of this journey that my children are just starting. I am thankful to be a wife and a mother. I am thankful for the opportunity to follow my Savior and to progress and learn. Our Savior will never give up on us. His hands are always outstretched towards us. We need to come to Him. I am thankful for the help we can receive in all things that we seek to do in this life.

No comments: