Friday, April 16, 2010

Southern Summer

This will be our third summer here in Tennessee.
I am an experienced user of bug spray.
I know what humidity feels like.
Bring it on!
I actually really love the summers here in the south. There is something so magical about sitting on the porch while the sun sets and watching the kids chase fireflies.
The bugs may eat us alive but we love to hear them singing all night long.
As for the humidity...Conditioner is my friend!

This may be our final summer in the south!
Here is my summer wish list :

many many trips to the pool
blue bell ice cream in many flavors
a cute pair of shorts
a trip to Portland for strawberry picking
visits to the farmers market
Tomatoes! and blt's
a tan? maybe....
lots of BBQ

What's on your summer wish list?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica I just have to say that you really inspire me. I enjoy your lesson's when you teach on Sunday and the little life lesson's you share here. It's sad to think that this might be your last summer here. If you don't mind I'd like to share with you my summer list:

Run, Walk, Bike, Swim
Work harder at becoming friends with the amazing women I share my faith with in my ward.

Finish up PATH classes and have a foster child in our home by the holidays.

Learn to be a milder personality.

Thank you so much for being such an example. I know your going to read this and might say "Who me, she doesn't see me when it all falls apart" No I don't but hey no one needs to know about that.

Lynne