Friday, April 16, 2010

My home inside my home....

Many people have a home away from home. I have a home within my home.
I live in my kitchen.
I love my kitchen.
I love to cook and bake.
Between breakfast, lunch, and dinner, snacks, dessert, treats for a class or a friend, making lunches for school and work, and the clean up that goes along with each project I am in the kitchen for a significant amount of time each day.
My phone is in the kitchen and I usually use it there. My calendar is in the kitchen so that when I am in the kitchen talking on the phone I can check my calendar.
I pay bills on the counter. I sort recipes and write to do lists here as well.
My current kitchen is large, but far from dreamy.
I don't need a large house, or hundreds of shoes, but one day I shall have a dream kitchen.....a stove with 5 burners and a built in griddle, a fridge with an ice maker, double ovens, granite counter tops, and a farm sink!
There will be a little desk for myself, where I can pay bills, write notes, and blog :)
It will be a very happy kitchen, and I will be very happy living there!

1 comment:

Robert and Lisa said...

Looks like we have the same dream!