Thursday, April 22, 2010

Inspiration

Inspired by my friend Annie, I took a brief hiatus from blogging and the internet. It was only 2 days, but it was very refreshing!
While I was away I discovered "Ultimate Recipe Showdown" on Food Network. It is a cooking competition where home cooks create original recipes and compete for $25,000 dollars. I was once again inspired and made: Lime infused white chocolate chunk gingersnap cookies
My own little recipe showdown in my kitchen. Guess what, I Won!
In other news....The rain and clouds ruined my plans for a walk in the park this morning, but I did get to enjoy a mug of cocoa! I am anxious to try again tomorrow.

On Wednesdays I always go for a shopping spree at Goodwill. Every day they have certain items that are 50% off, but on Wednesdays the special items are all 99 cents.
We came home with some real steals including a pair of Lucky brand jeans for myself! Lucky me :)
I got great fall clothes for Max to wear when he starts kindergarten. We even found a set of stacking blocks for Zackary.
Ty and I stayed up late last night watching Extraordinary Measures. It made me so thankful to have healthy kids. We are sooo blessed!
This morning I pulled into the parking lot to drop Max off at school. I hopped out of my seat and opened one of the back doors. Inside 3 little faces were smiling at me. They are all so precious! Seriously :Precious Cargo!
I am so pleased that I get to be their mom.

2 comments:

Annie and Family said...

Jessica, you really do have the most darling family! Each of your little sweet hearts are such dolls.

Traylor Family said...

We love goodwill wednesdays too! although with weight still to lose, i avoid shopping for clothes.

i always love your inspirational posts too. i was thinking about you the other day and how you are always so happy. i wish i could be more like you in that way.