Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dark Chocolate Cocoa

I made it to the store and brought home my special cocoa! I used some to make a batch of yum-o, no-bake cookies.

No-Bake Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies


1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts (pulsed in a blender or food processor)

1. In a saucepan combine first four ingredients.
2. Bring to a boil and let boil for 1 minute.
3. Remove pan from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth, then stir in the oats and ground peanuts.
4. Drop by heaping tablespoon onto wax-paper lined baking sheets.
5. Let cool until set.

1 comment:

Sheffer Family said...

Those cookies look so good. Here I am stuck in Hawaii and I can't make any! Oh poor me.