Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ty's Birthday Cake

Tomorrow is Ty's 29th birthday! We are busy getting ready for the celebration :)
I searched far and wide for an appropriate cake for such an occasion. I found this one at bakerella.com and knew it was the one!

Peanut Butter Cup ~ Cake
AKA: Ty's b-day cake!

1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
3 eggs
1 cup buttermilk (I didn't have any, so I substituted enough sour cream, chocolate syrup, and regular milk to equal one cup)
1/2 cup butter
2 cups chopped peanut butter cups ( plus more for decoration)

In a large bowl mix the cake mix with the eggs, milk, and butter.
Gently stir in the chopped peanut butter cups.
Bake cake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes (depending on size of pan. I used 2 rectangular brownie pans and cooked the cakes for 20 minutes)

Allow the cake to cool completely

Ganache
8 oz. dark chocolate (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup peanut butter

Melt all ingredients together in a saucepan. The ganache will be thick.
Pour ganache over cake and top with excessive amounts of peanut butter cups.
Can't wait for tomorrow! Happy Birthday to me, I mean TY!

No comments: