Monday, January 18, 2010

Spice is Nice




For years I have used the same chocolate chip cookie recipe. It has been a great one, but I am ready for something a little different, and maybe a little bit better.
I have read several recipes that use sea salt to enhance the cookie's flavor.
I decided to give it a try and this is what I came up with:

Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt

1 stick butter
1/4 cup + 1/8 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup + 1/8 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 generous cup flour
Chocolate Chips
sea salt for sprinkling

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream the butter with the sugars. Add the sea salt, and the baking soda.
3. Mix in the egg yolk and the vanilla.
4. Stir in the flour and chocolate chips. (I also added pecans to mine)
5. Roll dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle cookie dough balls with sea salt.
6. Bake for 9 minutes.


No comments: