Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Midweek Fun

Today we built a fort underneath the kitchen table. It was comfy cozy and full of blankets and pillows. I gave the kids some snacks and set Max's little tv up so that they could watch a movie in their little fort. Movie of choice: A Christmas Story! This is my very favorite Christmas movie and right about this time of year I get to start watching it! I think Max and Mia liked it too :)
All of this fort building, snacking, and movie watching was so that I could be in the kitchen doing this.......
Making double almond toffee! SOOO good. Another Grandma Newman candy recipe. Max and I sampled the candy to make sure it was delicious and not poisonous. Hopefully we can stop eating it so that we can have some to give away at Christmas time!
And in the middle of all of the craziness little Zackary slept peacefully in a sea of blue. He is 7 weeks old now. He has been a lot happier lately and I am so thankful for that! I have been praying that he would feel peace and joy in his little body and I can tell that he is! I am so thankful for prayer and my little Zac! (and forts, and candy, and Max, and Mia, and TY....lets not forget him)

1 comment:

Traylor Family said...

You inspired me to be a "cool mom" and build Lucas a fort. Only we did it in his room so I didn't have to look at another mess..ha. He was so excited to show his daddy when he got home. Thanks for the idea!