Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Morning Mess and a Treat

This morning, while the kids were messy and in need of a bath, I decided to have a little finger painting party on the patio. Max was super excited. He loves painting, especially with his hands and fingers. He jumped right in with gusto.
Mia was much more hesitant. She is, after all, my girlie girl. I finally enticed her to dip the tip of one finger into the paint.
She then dabbed her little finger tip on the paper and was done with the finger painting experience.
Here is some of the finished artwork. (all by Max) SO talented!
While Max continued to paint Mia and I came inside for a snack. We had almonds and homeade fudge! I love fudge and I usually make it at Christmas time, but I have been craving it and this Christmas I will be working on getting back into shape so I decided why not enjoy fudge now?

Rocky Road Fudge

1 (12 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
pinch salt
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Mix-Ins:
mini marshmallows
pecans

1. Melt together in a saucepan: chocolate chips, butter, salt, and condensed milk.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in the marshmallows and pecans.
3. Spoon fudge into a lined 8x8 inch pan and refrigerate until set. Cut into pieces. Store in the fridge or freezer. :)

No comments: