Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Prep.


We are busy getting ready for Father's Day tomorrow. Max has been painting pictures to give to Ty and I have been cooking. We are having crepes for breakfast and I usually serve them with strawberries and nutella, but I decided to shake things up a bit and try something new. I made a really delicious blueberry filling that will be perfect with crepes and whipped cream. I also made Ty's favorite treat, peanut butter bars. Hopefully he will feel spoiled and happy on Father's Day. As for my birthday, we are splurging tonight and getting take-out! It should be great!

Blueberry Filling

1 Qt. fresh blueberries
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons cornstarch
pinch salt
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice

1. In a saucepan heat blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and 1/4 cup water to boiling. Cook until thickened.
2. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice. Allow to cool
Serve as a filling for crepes or on top of waffles or anything else that needs a little blueberry goodness.

No comments: