Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Rainy Start to May

It has been a very rainy weekend here in Nashville. Ty had Friday off. It was a great day to be at home. I made some pumpkin bread and the kids watched the rain from the patio. In the afternoon we decided to visit Sam's Club and make a free lunch of their delightful samples. We did buy a big bag of apples, but mostly we went around and around the store until everyone was full. Friday night was our date night. We went to a Japanese Hibachi style restaurant in Gallatin called "Koi". It was really fun to get a free show with dinner. Saturday I spent the morning getting ready for a BBQ with friends. The weather was still rainy, but we made up for it by playing on the Wii. I am much better suited to sports on the Wii than to sports in real life. Today was Stake Conference at 9:00 am! It seemed so much earlier than our usual 1:00 church time. I could hardly believe we were all done at 11. I am working on lunch and Max is set on making cookies this afternoon. It should be a nice end to our rainy weekend. May is here and I am looking forward to Mother's Day, a trip to California (which has me looking forward to Fish Tacos, animal style cheeseburgers from In N' Out, and the beach!), smoothies, and swimming!

1 comment:

deckhandmoo's sing-a-long blog said...

Hey Jess,
I was wondering what your email was so I can write you.

Steph