Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Little Piece of Heaven at our House


Early this afternoon I found Max sound asleep on the couch. I was so excited! I was able to convince Mia that she was tired and needed a nap as well ( I tempted her with her binky). While they slept I made hot chocolate and read Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I even got a little nap myself! While we all got some rest I had a loaf of bread in the oven and when we woke up we had homeade bread with butter. It was seriously such a fabulous afternoon!

Super Easy Delicious Homeade Bread

2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (room temperature)

1. Add the yeast to the buttermilk and allow to rest 5 minutes. Add the honey and melted butter. Mix in the flours and the baking soda and salt.
2. Knead and place in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
3. Punch down dough and shape into loaf. Let rise in pan until doubled in size 30-45 minutes.
4. Bake loaf at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.


3 comments:

The Karrens said...

Looks so yummy. I love freshly baked bread.

Jessica said...

A little piece of heaven is RIGHT!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Homemade Bread! Thank you for sharing the recipe - it does look super easy! The hardest thing for me is shaping the loaf!
YUM.O!

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

that looks so good - sounds wonderful too - i'll have to try now that i know i can make a basic loaf --- thanks KT